We undertake our statutory duties to promote North Cyprus tourism under the brand “VisitNCY”.
This Policy explains the type of information that we may collect, how it is used and with whom the data is shared.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. Your continued use of our products, applications, services and websites that are subject to this Policy will signify your acceptance of all changes to this Policy.
Information collected by us
The type of personal information that VisitNCY collects may include your name, contact details, your views and opinions about VisitNCY services. For example, if you register our website to plan a trip to North Cyprus, we may use your name and e-mail address to send you necessary information. If you use this website, information is recorded about your visit for web personalisation, research and statistical and reporting purposes as well as to allow us to improve the website, product and services.
Information provided by you
Whenever you interact with us, you may be asked to provide us with necessary information. For example:
- Some of our products or services may require you to create an account or register certain information (your name, address, email address, date of birth, location, contact details, applicable device ID(s) relating to the devices you are using to access and receive particular applications and services, interests and account and marketing preferences) in order to use a particular product or service.
- If you contact us for customer service assistance (including written communications or via our website(s), support forums, telephone, email, SMS, or our social media channels), we may record all customer service communications and keep information about the particular communication, including your name, the product(s) you bought, the reason why you contacted us, and the advice we gave you so we can track the resolution of any customer service issues and for customer service training purposes.
- When you visit us at a public event, such as a trade show or exhibition or participate in one of our surveys, competitions or prize draws, we may ask for information, such as your business card, name, contact details, interests and marketing preferences.,
- When you use our applications, services or other platforms, we may receive content that you choose to upload, such as product reviews, comments, photos or details of your preferences that you choose to tell us about.
Information we collect from social networks
If you use any of our social network pages or applications or you use one services that allow interaction with social networks, we may receive information relating to your social network accounts:
- If you log-in to one of our websites, applications or services using your social network account, we may receive basic details from your social network profile which may depend on your social network account’s privacy settings. We may also receive additional information from your profile if you give us permission to access it.
- We may receive information about interactions with the content posted to your profile or feed.
Information we collect when you use websites, products, services and applications from us
In order to improve and provide a better user experience, some of our websites, applications and services provide us with information about your use of them, including:
- Details of your usage patterns, the content that you view and interact with including information on the services and applications you are using in-device to personalise services to your specific needs.
- Service, product or server logs, which hold technical information about your use of our service, product or websites, such as your IP address (to determine your location/country of origin), device ID(s) etc.
- Interests and preferences that you specify during set up or registration of any product or service.
1. How the personal information that you provide to us or we collect is used
We may use information for the following purposes:
- Create and manage customer database(s) of its users including basic account information, applicable device ID(s), related product or service usage information and customer preference information you provide us. We may consolidate several databases into one or otherwise link separate databases to manage your accounts more effectively.
- Ask for your opinions about our products and services and conduct surveys.
- Facilitate and process your searches and requests for information when you contact us about our websites and services.
- Hold competitions and other promotional offers across all platforms, contact winners and to fulfil prizes to winners.
- We may use your information to provide you with product and service updates, newsletters and other communications about existing and/or new products and services by post, email, telephone, in-device messaging and/or text message (SMS), if you have provided your consent or we are permitted to do so under applicable law.
- We may use the information we collect or you share with us to personalise our services, content, recommendations and adverts.
- We may use your information to create user group profiles or segment data and to otherwise create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our websites, products and services which we may share with third parties and/or make available to the public.
- We may use your information to improve our products, services and applications and develop recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about customers’ shopping preferences in general.
- Where you have uploaded product reviews, comments or content to our websites or services and made them publicly visible, we may link to or publish these materials elsewhere including in our own advertisements.
- We may link or combine the information that we collect from the different sources to allow us to provide more seamless customer support whenever you contact us and to provide you with better, personalised services, content, marketing and adverts.
2. Sharing personal information about you
In general, we do not share or disclose information about you to third parties without your consent unless VisitNCY is required to or authorised by laws.
We may use other third-party service providers including data analytics providers who process information on our behalf, consultants, marketing agencies, professional advisers, Ministries or business partners with whom VisitNCY has a formal relationship with.
Our service providers are required to only process data in line with this Policy.
If you request or agree to receive information or newsletters from one of our business partners, we may provide that third party with your details so that they can contact you and/or respond to your request.
We may use and/or disclose information about you to:
(i) Government bodies and law enforcement agencies to prevent fraud, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and court orders and to comply with valid legal information requests from such bodies
(ii) Third parties (including professional advisors) to enforce or defend our legal rights or the terms and conditions of any of our websites, products or services
(iii) A third-party purchaser or seller, and its and our professional advisors, in connection with a corporate event such as a reorganisation, merger, business acquisition or insolvency situation.
We prepare anonymous data for a number of purposes. The information may be shared with our partners, advertisers, media and public as you cannot be identified from this information.
3. International transfers of your information
VisitNCY’s management is conducted under the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Ministry of Tourism & Environment and is based in Nicosia, TRNC. We have an international network of offices for promoting the development of tourism to and within North Cyprus and encouraging persons to visit North Cyprus. We may disclose your personal information internationally as part of our marketing functions.
4. Marketing communications
When you provide us with contact details, you may be given the opportunity to opt-in to receiving various newsletters and other communications from us.
You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time.
If you use more than one e-mail address to shop with us or contact us on, you will need to unsubscribe separately for each email address.
Please note that we may send you important information about our products and services that you are using or have used including essential software updates, changes to applicable terms and conditions and/or other communications or notifications as may be required to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations to provide warranty or after sales repair services.
5. Security of your personal information
Although we take security of personal information seriously and have implemented physical and electronic security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure etc. we can’t guarantee that it will never occur.
Steps taken to protect your information:
– Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
– Limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access).
Cookies (small files that may be placed on your hard disk for recordkeeping), are used to track information of your visits to and between sites. Cookies allow us to customise your experience to better match your interests and preferences, or to simply facilitate your signing in to use the services.
If you block or erase cookies, we may not be able to restore any preferences or customisation settings you have previously specified, and our ability to personalise your online experience would be limited.
VisitNCY has relationships with other suppliers, these suppliers may also set their own cookies during your visit to show you different products or services.
By continuing to use the website, you are consenting to their use.
Our websites use “cookies”, to collect information about the use of our websites and email communications.
Our cookies do not store personally identifiable details such as your name, address, telephone number or payment information. The cookies are simply used to record the areas of the site that you visit and for how long. This helps us to determine what makes our website more accessible to users and to improve the quality of the website.
If you would like to disable cookies, you can set your browser accordingly from the menu bar. Please be aware that cookies help us personalise and improve our service to you.
7. Links to third party sites
Some of our websites may contain links to other third-party websites that are not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices of those third-party websites. Please view the privacy and cookie policies displayed on those third-party websites.